Tuesday, October 4, 2016

cross my heart with hope and loss by Daniel Wojciech



cross my heart with hope and loss
by Daniel Wojciech

moon on my mind, baby brown.
i'm trying to write my way out of that paper bag
with the silver bullets in it
i'm trying to write my way out of your heart but mine too.
and these stars won't count themselves
and i heard somebody on the train call Cameron Diaz a slut but you liked her hips
and the last time we made love you took a nap on my side of the bed and i went up to Burger King and got your favorite french fries
and i ate them all on the walk home cuz i tried to be a king and you hated to sit on the MAX chairs that face each other
unless you had something good to read
like Alice Walker
or my hand in yours
you don't smile like you used to
so i've sent you a pack of Starburst and a coffee mug i stole for a quarter and a laugh
something about Fred Armisen looking like a true Portlander
or a fake tree growing in Forest Park
where we passed the joint the wrong way and told each other that we'd never die.
i'm still trying, baby brown eyes.
i'm still trying.

No comments: