Monday, September 19, 2016

dreary in my rear end lights: a flash! by Daniel Wojciech




dreary in my rear end lights: a flash!
by Daniel Wojciech

i'm mixing my beer with orange spice tea, thinking
all epiphany and glass house. in my cage,
i guess. the suffering is near and
nigh is the void. therefore i sit
with my legs crossed like a
backwards Buddha yelling at
the television set. something
about first down or i want
that spatula! every prayer
i said today is swept up
in the down trodden victory
of making it out of bed
with one breath, alive.
there's one candle
on the burning night
stand and a million
brilliant Death tolls
on my bridgeless teeth,
chattering disbelief and
makeshift yesterdays
i say i learn frum. Nobody
knows nobody. i know
nothing of this but
what i keep for myself.
the day isn't done until
the sex on the mattress
is flipped frum these
four walls. it's gone.
All of it.
9/18/16
8:29pm

No comments: