Saturday, September 7, 2013

Two Great Finds

While browsing my favorite thrift store in Vallejo, I came across two great finds. First, a poet whom I've never heard of but looks promising, The Woman Who Died in Her Sleep, by Linda Gregerson. The description on the back of the book indicates the poems deal with death and mortality quite a bit in this collection. Right up my alley! I purchased this book for a little over $2.

Second, I found Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye. I first fell in love with Morrison's books in college. I zoomed through Sula and Beloved thanks to a great tip from one of my favorite professors. After completing those rather quickly, it took me a few years until I picked up Song of Solomon which turned out to be my favorite book by her and one of my favorite books of all time. I purchased The Bluest Eye for a little over 50 cents.


No comments: